Danish Estates: Tom Eltang Sandblasted Bent Apple (Saturn)
Product Number: 004-001-4986
Years ago, when Tom Eltang used to grade his pipes, the symbol of Saturn was used for his sandblasted pieces. There was no grading beyond this (all knew a Saturn pipe was sandblasted), but Tom hasn't used any gradings besides the Snail for a few years now. It's hard to guess the age of an Eltang pipe, but my guess would be this has some age on it because the bit is a little wider than he currently makes. A wonderful sandblasted bowl with raining grain will always gain attention.
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.85/5 Minor rim darkening.
- Length: 5.22 in./132.59 mm.
- Weight: 1.80 oz./51.03 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.77 in./44.96 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.38 in./35.05 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.68 in./17.27 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark