Danish Estates: Bjarne Handmade Partially Rusticated Rhodesian Churchwarden (Unsmoked)
Product Number: 004-001-5790
Here we have what I would call a "tadpole" Rhodesian, with a very large, billowed out bowl and thin, swish-tail stem and shank. A great byproduct of the baloon-like portion of the bowl is the way it fills out the hand so comfortably, as is its yawning chamber; but as this extreme as this pipe gets, it never becomes comically absurd, just incredibly enjoyable. And check out the rusticated patch on the front, a signature move from Mogens Johansen, who likely made this pipe while he was still at Bjarne.
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 5/5 Unsmoked
- Length: 10.57 in./268.48 mm.
- Weight: 1.70 oz./48.19 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.29 in./58.17 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.06 in./52.32 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.82 in./20.83 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.19 in./55.63 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Churchwarden
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark