Danish Estates: Stanwell Apache Sandblasted Bent Brandy (9mm)
Product Number: 004-001-5850
Between their extra-large shaping by Stanwell standards, 9mm filter functionality, and sheer scarcity (this is but the seventh we've seen since 2005), I'm going to guess the Stanwell "Apache" was a series meant for the German market specifically. While previous examples were all bent Bulldog shapes, this one, and the smooth variant accompanying it in the same update, are of a very full-bodied bent Brandy design - real handfuls, solid sitters, and pretty deep-chambered too.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Maker's Mark Stamp
Condition: 4.85/5 Minor rim darkening.
- Length: 5.06 in./128.52 mm.
- Weight: 2.70 oz./76.54 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.83 in./46.48 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.60 in./40.64 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.83 in./46.48 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: 9mm
- Shape: Bent Brandy
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark