Danish Estates: Stanwell Sandblasted Bent Billiard with Bamboo
Product Number: 004-001-5879
The Danes and English both pioneered the use of bamboo stems on briar pipes, and both did it originally to save on the latter when WWII made available supplies dear. This was matter of resourcefulness striking gold, however, as it turned out the bamboo looked good
affixed to a briar pipe, as well as proving light and resilient. It still survives to this day on pipes ranging from the priciest artisanal pieces, to relatively modest classics like this Stanwell.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.9/5 Smoked, but rather clean.
- Length: 5.74 in./145.80 mm.
- Weight: 1.10 oz./31.18 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.80 in./45.72 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.63 in./41.40 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.69 in./17.53 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.37 in./34.80 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Billiard
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark