Danish Estates: Jorgen Nielsen Smooth Bent Dublin (9mm) (Unsmoked)
Product Number: 004-001-9188
Not unusual for a Jorgen Nielsen design, this Dublin combines smooth flow with sturdy proportions, a broad shank, and a half-saddle stem. The shank and stem themselves fall into a general style actually common to Jorgen, his brother Kai, and their late father Viggo, though the textbook "Nielsen shank" would show a more paneled design (here Jorgen paneled only the flanks, making for a fuller, essentially oval cross-section).
- Eric N. Squires
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.90 in./149.86 mm.
- Weight: 2.02 oz./57.15 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.84 in./46.74 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.53 in./38.86 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.85 in./21.59 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.79 in./45.47 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: 9mm
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark