Danish Estates: Karsten Tarp Smooth Rhodesian
Product Number: 004-001-17175
Born in Kolding, Jutland in 1953, Karsten Tarp got his first pipemaking job at the Bari factory, founded by Viggo Nielsen in the same town. In his 10 years at Bari, he learned a great deal and met a lot of friends, including Kai Nielsen — with whom he shares a workshop in Faaborg. Ranging from smooth Danish classics to more avant-garde Freehands, Karsten's approach to shaping yields excellent results, such as this smooth and rather sinuous Rhodesian shape.- Andrew Wike
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.88 in./123.95 mm.
- Weight: 1.28 oz./36.29 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.41 in./35.81 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.08 in./27.43 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.76 in./19.30 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.72 in./43.69 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Rhodesian
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark