Danish Estates: Stanwell Antique (19) (1970s-1990s)
Product Number: 004-001-17648
It should come as little surprise to learn that the Stanwell "19" was a Sixten design, especially if you hold one up next to a "30," which was also one of his. The "19" comes off as a bolder, harder-edged, more forceful take on the same exact gesture of the "30" — and yet though the lines have been altered between the two, to great effect, the underlying approach and balance is unmistakably shared between them. It's found here dressed in a dual finish, with a smooth section along the fore contrasting against the dark sandblast.-Truett Smith
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
Minor Rim Darkening Minor Tooth Marks
Antique (In Script)
- Length: 5.69 in./144.53 mm.
- Weight: 1.60 oz./45.36 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.91 in./48.51 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.54 in./39.12 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.81 in./20.57 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.57 in./39.88 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark