Danish Estates: Stanwell Sandblasted (22) (Regd. No.) (1948-1960s)
Product Number: 004-001-17701
Consistent curvature abounds in this softly plump "22" from Stanwell. Made pre-1960, it embodies and foresees the gradual curves and plump bowls of the Danish school of pipemaking. The underside is gently flattened, with two ridgelines on either side running across the bottom of the shank and dissipating into the bowl, which is sandblasted to medium depth to provide plenty of texture in hand.- Chuck Stanion
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
Minor Rim Darkening
- Length: 5.41 in./137.41 mm.
- Weight: 1.84 oz./52.16 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.86 in./47.24 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.41 in./35.81 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.84 in./21.34 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Acorn/Pear
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark