English Estates: Dunhill Bruyere (LBS) (F/T) (4) (A) (1969)
Product Number: 004-002-7056
The late 60s were, as the (allegedly*) old Chinese proverb would have put it, an interesting time. No doubt whoever originally owned this classic, capacious straight Billiard took quite a bit of comfort in its timeless, traditional style - not to mention the particularly long smokes it provided. The shaping is no-nonsense and thoroughly English through-and-through, the finish dark and tasteful, reserved but with a good bit of underlying warmth as well - and it's all made it this far through the years in pretty sound condition.
- Eric N. Squires
* - Like the one about the camel being allowed to get its nose into the tent, it's believed by some that this proverb may actually have been an English invention, credited to the ancient Chinese in order to make it seem more atractive. "There's no wisdom like foreign wisdom," as the ancient Greeks were known to say. allegedly.
We are sorry, but this pipe has sold. Look below to find similar pipes.
Ask a question about this product.
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.5/5 Rim darkening and dings on the rim.
- Length: 5.88 in./149.35 mm.
- Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.92 in./48.77 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.62 in./41.15 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.70 in./17.78 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.46 in./37.08 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England