English Estates: Town Hall Smooth Apple with Silver Band (493)
Product Number: 004-002-7219
While Town Hall was (is?) a seconds brand for Comoy's, as far as I can tell this square-shanked sitter straight Apple is lacking the usual negatives associated with "seconds" brands. There aren't any fills that I can see, the drilling is where it should be, and the the only obvious flaw is a small dark spot, likely the end of a pit, on the underside near the transition. It even sports a sterling silver band.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
MADE IN ENGLAND
Condition: 4.7/5 Rim darkening and some small dings around the bowl.
- Length: 5.32 in./135.13 mm.
- Weight: 1.50 oz./42.52 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.45 in./36.83 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.57 in./14.48 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.47 in./37.34 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England