English Estates: Askwith Sandblasted Billiard
Product Number: 004-002-7253
Though the bulk of Chris Askwith's pipes are of fairly-to-very stout proportions, he does turn out some very fine pencil-shanked numbers as well. This straight Billiard, in case it isn't already obvious, is just such a one. And I have to say that even while paring the shank and stem's breadth down to a bare, delicate minimum, he's still done a fine job of retaining a very English-classical feel to the design.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.8/5 Rim darkening.
- Length: 5.33 in./135.38 mm.
- Weight: 0.90 oz./25.51 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.59 in./40.39 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.71 in./18.03 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.36 in./34.54 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: England