English Estates: James Upshall Smooth Billiard (P) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 004-002-32905
This quarter-bent Billiard from James Upshall places a plump curvaceous bowl at the fore of a balanced triangle shank fitted with a downturned vulcanite stem. The palm-filling bowl rests on a soft heel, giving this piece a classically inclined silhouette. Dressed in a rich chestnut stain, the stummel boasts fine flame grain around the bowl, with swirling birdseye at the rim and heel.-Gabriel Bass
Measurements & Other Details
Minor Rim Darkening Finish Faded
JAMES UPSHALL (inside oval)
MADE BY HAND
- Length: 6.22 in./157.99 mm.
- Weight: 2.88 oz./81.65 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.00 in./50.80 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.59 in./40.39 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.94 in./23.88 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.97 in./50.04 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England