Misc. Estates: Phillip Trypis Partially Rusticated Skater (5) (Unsmoked)
Product Number: 004-008-6529
A Canadian pipe maker whose experience ranges from cutting blocks at a briar mill to serving as director of production at Brigham pipes, Phillip Trypis is known for producing quality hand-shaped pieces at prices on par with many a mass-produced, machine-shaped briar. Here, Trypis has crafted a playful Skater, a classic English shape that derives its name from the blade-like, spurred heel found at the base of the bowl's fore. It's finished in a traditional chestnut stain with portions of darker rustication and is offered here in unsmoked condition.- Jeffery Sitts
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
Trypis (In Script)
- Length: 5.86 in./148.84 mm.
- Weight: 1.36 oz./38.56 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.05 in./52.07 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.78 in./45.21 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.30 in./33.02 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Skater
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Canada