Misc. Estates: Phillip Trypis Partially Rusticated Freehand (6) (Unsmoked)
Product Number: 004-008-6546
Freehands aren't as common within Phillip Trypis' portfolio compared to his renditions of classic shapes, making this a less often seen piece from the Canada-based carver. Trypis has enjoyed a long career in virtually all aspects of pipe making, from briar cutting to managing factory production to carving his own pipes. Here he presents a Cauldron-like design, mixed with the sinuosity of the Zulu — dressed in a smooth stain and dark rustication for diverse textural presence in hand. Unsmoked.-Truett Smith
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
Trypis (In Script)
- Length: 5.92 in./150.37 mm.
- Weight: 2.24 oz./63.50 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.91 in./48.51 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.42 in./36.07 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.81 in./20.57 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.60 in./40.64 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Canada