Misc. Estates: Alex Brishuta Rusticated Freehand (13221) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 004-008-6735
Except for the drilling of chambers, mortises, and smoke channels, Ukrainian carver Alex Brishuta forgoes machinery in his pipe making, relying on his own handwork to create carved pipes of remarkable detail. The rustication on this Freehand is in deep channels across the stummel, providing generous tactile feedback in hand, and its bowl is canted forward from the stretched transition for an irresistible organicism and practical smoking capabilities. The smooth, concave rim offers a hint of textural contrast and whimsy, as does the offset, cumberland stem.- Chuck Stanion
Measurements & Other Details
Minor Rim Darkening Chamber Carbonizing
- Length: 5.27 in./133.86 mm.
- Weight: 1.41 oz./39.92 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.81 in./45.97 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.42 in./36.07 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.50 in./38.10 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Ukraine