Misc. Estates: Phillip Trypis Partially Rusticated Lovat (Unstamped)
Product Number: 004-008-6888
Though unstamped, this Lovat was fashioned by Phillip Trypis, a Canadian pipe maker originally from Greece. He's handled more briar than most, from his work at a briar mill, cutting burls, to having directed the production of Brigham pipes and turning bowls there. Here, the carver presents one of his own pieces — a traditional Lovat with rustication around the transition and base of the bowl for pleasing texture.-Truett Smith
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
Minor Rim Charring
(NO STAMPING NOTED)
- Length: 5.78 in./146.81 mm.
- Weight: 1.12 oz./31.75 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.32 in./33.53 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.33 in./33.78 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Lovat
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Canada