Misc. Estates: John Calich Partially Rusticated Bent Dublin (CA) (E) (1989) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 004-008-8404
Before his death in July of 2008, John Calich made pipes full time for over 40 years, with partial rustications and contrast stains being his specialty. Here we see one of those finishes — with rustication covering the shank and the bowl's lower section while the rest of the bowl is finished in a warm, auburn stain. It's an impressively robust, muscular take on the bent Dublin and is also able to sit stably on flat surfaces.-Truett Smith
Measurements & Other Details
Minor Rim Charring Mild Chamber Carbonizing Chamber Slightly Out Of Round Scratches Around The Bowl
- Length: 5.36 in./136.14 mm.
- Weight: 1.44 oz./40.82 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.01 in./51.05 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.62 in./41.15 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.38 in./35.05 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Canada