Turkish Estates: SMS Meerchaum Bacchus with a Black Eye (with Case)
Product Number: 004-653-0015
Dionysus, Vercingetorix, mermaid gone wild, whatever; across all the common styles of figural meerschaums, this CAO's carving is simply one of the most impressive I've ever seen. Though it has been smoked, much of the color seen here appears to have been done at the workshop; it does do a good job of emphasizing the depth and detail, however, of which there is plenty.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
(no stamping noted)
4.85/5 Some darkening of the chamber. The exterior surfaces are artificially aged from the factory.
- Length: 5.51 in./139.95 mm.
- Weight: 2.40 oz./68.04 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.88 in./73.15 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.88 in./47.75 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.86 in./21.84 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.09 in./53.09 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Carved
- Material: Meerschaum
- Country: Turkey