Turkish Estates: Paykoc Meerschaum Man with Hat (with Case) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 004-653-4913
A figural meerschaum from Paykoc, this piece depicts a bearded and mustachioed man who appears to be squinting off into the horizon. Carved with much attention to detail, he's wearing a jaunty hat festooned with a draping feather, perhaps an homage to similar ones worn by French Cavaliers from back in the day. The stummel should patinate with warm colors as it's enjoyed and with age, coming to more fully harmonize with the dark burgundy tones of the gently downturned stem.-Angela Robertson
Measurements & Other Details
Minor Rim Darkening Finish Discolored
- Length: 5.17 in./131.32 mm.
- Weight: 1.25 oz./35.38 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.02 in./51.31 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.33 in./33.78 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.71 in./18.03 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.70 in./43.18 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Carved
- Material: Meerschaum
- Country: Turkey