American Estates: The Pipe Black Apple
Product Number: 004-009-5354
Some love them, some, not so much, but there's no denying that the "The Pipe" offerings constitute a unique and inventive corner of smoking instrument history. The stummel is phenolic resin, the chamber a lining of pyrolitic graphite - the latter an idea which, bizarrely enough, came about via a pipe smoker working in a factory producing plumbing sleeves and cups for nuclear reactors.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.5/5 The stem is a bit wavy from buffing, as it's made from a vulcanite/plastic hybrid.
- Length: 5.39 in./136.91 mm.
- Weight: 1.50 oz./42.52 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.52 in./38.61 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.31 in./33.27 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.70 in./17.78 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Other
- Country: United States