American Estates: Brad Pohlman Sandblasted Lovat with Spalted Tamarind (2010) (Unsmoked)
Product Number: 004-009-5524
Striking a balance between trim proportions, direct lines, and a rather bold, heavy-bottomed Italian-style bowl, this Pohlman piece produces a Lovat which seems to mix English classical and Italian neoclassical shaping elements. That is, before adding to it all a modern American artisan style finish; a very light, yet very crisp sandblast, a jet-black stain, and a handsome bit of contrasting spalted tamarind for accent.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 5/5 Unsmoked
- Length: 5.86 in./148.84 mm.
- Weight: 1.00 oz./28.35 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.73 in./43.94 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.51 in./38.35 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.26 in./32.00 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Lovat
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States