American Estates: JHW Smooth Bent Chimney
Product Number: 004-009-6031
Jack Weinberger (whose initials served as his marque's name) took up pipemaking after retiring from a career in law. He was influential in the development of the American freehand style and had a direct influence on carvers Mark Tinsky and Curt Rollar, to name a few. This is one of the stranger numbers I've seen with his initials on it, displaying aspects of the Stack, Oom Paul, Cavalier, and a canard (of the aeronautical variety).
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
4.45/5 Minor rim darkening, plus some slight spider webbing inside the chamber.
- Length: 4.36 in./110.74 mm.
- Weight: 1.50 oz./42.52 g.
- Bowl Height: 3.62 in./91.95 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.70 in./68.58 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.26 in./32.00 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Chimney
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States