American Estates: Nate King Sandblasted Horn with New Guinea Ebony and Celluloid (127) (2013) (Unsmoked) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 004-009-7251
This is a dainty little freehand by any standards, which makes it all the more surprising to see from Nate King, who is best known for his typically quite large Steampunk/Gearpunk designs. In profile it's a fine curl of a Horn, light and active in gesture and posture, though he's mixed things up with panels and channels running along the underside and forward face. The result is more stylistically interesting, plus it also sits with aplomb.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
K (crown stamp)
- Length: 4.61 in./117.09 mm.
- Weight: 1.10 oz./31.18 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.58 in./40.13 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.24 in./31.50 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.51 in./38.35 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Horn
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States