American Estates: Todd Johnson Partially Sandblasted Bent Egg (Hoplyte) (2006) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 004-009-7300
American artisan Todd Johnson makes deft and subtle use of contrasting colors and textures, creating a fascinating pipe in the process. The shape is mesmerizing: an elegant, almost delicate egg, visually anchored by a comparatively large shank. The rim is canted, with a slight bit more briar rearward, which serves to heighten the overall sense of verticality in the design. The shape of the rim is carried through to the shank, as well as in the crisp sandblast along the mount.
— Daniel Bumgardner
Measurements & Other Details
TODD M (arched, inside oval)
(greek letters, inside oval)
JOHNSON (arched, inside oval)
4.9/5 Smoked, but rather clean.
- Length: 6.70 in./170.18 mm.
- Weight: 2.70 oz./76.54 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.71 in./68.83 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.34 in./59.44 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.55 in./39.37 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Egg
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States