American Estates: Dave McLary Partially Rusticated Bent Pot Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 004-009-12082
Dave McLary began making pipes in the mid-1960s and learned the basics of the craft from Tracy Mincer's son, Bill. Tracy was also the founder of the legendary Custom-Bilt factory, a place that McLary would frequent as a young pipemaker in Indianapolis. The influence is readily evident in this broad-bodied bent Pot as it features meaty proportions throughout and wears a carved rustication style similar to those iconic vintage pre-1946 Custom-Bilt pieces. Smoked, but barely.- Jeffery Sitts
Measurements & Other Details
Smoked, But Rather Clean
McLary (In Script)
- Length: 5.23 in./132.84 mm.
- Weight: 2.34 oz./66.22 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.47 in./37.34 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.04 in./26.42 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.82 in./20.83 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.97 in./50.04 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Pot
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States