American Estates: Grant Batson Partially Sandblasted Billiard (2015)
Product Number: 004-009-12769
After making guitars with his brother, Grant Batson turned his attention and woodworking skills to carving pipes, learning from the likes of Todd Johnson and Teddy Knudsen. Here, the Nashville-based artisan presents a Stack-like Billiard, the extra-slender shank and stem lending even more implied height to the bowl. The earthy sandblast is paired handsomely to a stem of lavender vulcanite for a dose of modern color, with the base of the mouthpiece accented with hardwood to better cohere it to the overall composition.-Truett Smith
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
Mild Chamber Carbonizing
- Length: 5.36 in./136.14 mm.
- Weight: 1.12 oz./31.75 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.89 in./48.01 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.35 in./34.29 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States