American Estates: Tom Howard Carved Pot Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 004-009-18897
Tom Howard was a vaudeville and radio performer from New Jersey who also took up pipe making around 1939 — in addition to handcrafting scale models of ships, trains, and brass cannons. His pipes generally seem to have gone for a Custom-Bilt style; extra beefy, and with a similarly rugged style of carved finish. It's particularly evident in this hearty Pot, which features carved channels along the stummel.--Davin Hylton
Measurements & Other Details
Minor Rim Darkening Mild Chamber Carbonizing Fills Wearing Out
- Length: 6.12 in./155.45 mm.
- Weight: 2.08 oz./58.97 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.92 in./48.77 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.56 in./39.62 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.84 in./21.34 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.60 in./40.64 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Pot
- Finish: Carved
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States