AKB Meerschaum: Carved Dragon Claw Holding Egg (Ali) (with Case) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 002-574-6045
More scientifically known as sepiolite, meerschaum is a clay-like mineral found primarily in Turkey, where meerschaum carving has flourished through the history of pipe making. Here is a classic: a bent dragon claw holding an egg, this egg looking ready to hatch, which is a theme that's been rendered for hundreds of years in a variety of sizes and complexities. Every meerschaum collection should have at least one, and this particular example from AKB may be the one you've been missing.- Chuck Stanion
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 8.80 in./223.52 mm.
- Weight: 3.10 oz./87.88 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.43 in./61.72 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.09 in./53.09 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.06 in./52.32 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Carved
- Material: Meerschaum
- Country: Turkey