Chacom: Maya (862)
Product Number: 002-512-5019
I'd long wondered what the story was behind Chacom's Maya series and its colorful bee-striped stems. Turns out it was originally a Jeantet line, and inspired by Maya the Bee, a character created by Waldemar Bonsels in a book published back in 1912, who has since become an internationally popular cartoon character. The striking finish is seen here dressing the French marque's elegant, yet robust "862" Prince design.
- Andrew Wike
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.85 in./148.59 mm.
- Weight: 1.50 oz./42.52 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.49 in./37.85 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.22 in./30.99 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.83 in./21.08 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.65 in./41.91 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark