Chacom: Maya (862)
Product Number: 002-512-5392
I'd long wondered what the story was behind Chacom's Maya series and its colorful bee-striped stems. Turns out it was originally a Jeantet line, and inspired by Maya the Bee, a character created by Waldemar Bonsels in a book published back in 1912, who has since become an internationally popular cartoon character. The striking finish is seen here dressing the French marque's elegant, yet robust "862" Prince design.
- Andrew Wike
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.08 in./154.43 mm.
- Weight: 1.68 oz./47.63 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.48 in./37.59 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.24 in./31.50 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: France