Nording: Orange Grain Smooth Freehand (2)
Product Number: 002-508-1627
One can easily distinguish this as a Nording because of the paneled, asymmetrical bowl, and deep, roomy chamber. This Orange Grain Freehand is a primary example of Nording's signature freehand shaping: improvisational and wild in the Danish "Fancy" school style. As a pipe maker, however, Erik Nording refuses to be pigeonholed, churning out matchless versions of the an underlying Dublin shape, this particular example displaying gorgeously deep, extremely vibrant stain.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.20 in./157.48 mm.
- Weight: 1.80 oz./51.03 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.99 in./50.55 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.44 in./36.58 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.88 in./22.35 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.67 in./42.42 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark