Nording: Compass Brown Smooth MacArthur (with Extra Stem) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 002-508-17175
Erik Nørding has been carving pipes since the 1960s, and he's among the pioneers of the Danish Fancy Freehand movement, a design style that rejected traditional shaping norms in favor of highly individualized, creative designs that emphasize floral motifs and often stylish stems. Nørding's Compass series, however, drifts from the workshop's signature Danish Fancy aesthetic to feature practical Pokers fitted with durable metal shanks. They're designed to be workhorse, take-anywhere pipes for everyday use, and this special MacArthur version hearkens to the distinctive corn cob pipes smoked by U.S. Army General Douglas MacArthur. Dressed in a smooth, walnut finish, this Compass MacArthur pipe features a higher transition than the standard Compass pipes, in line with MacArthur's signature corn cob shape, and it's paired to an extra-long shank to further the motif and also comes with the Compass line's regular shank-and-stem combination for more convenient travel.-Truett Smith
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.92 in. Weight: 1.2 oz.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.68 in. Chamber Depth: 1.38 in.
- Outside Diameter: 1.20 in. Bowl Height: 2.21 in.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Length: 5.06 in./128.52 mm.
- Weight: 1.01 oz./28.54 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.21 in./56.13 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.22 in./30.99 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.69 in./17.53 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.18 in./29.97 mm.
- Stem Material: Other
- Filter: None
- Shape: Poker
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark