Ping Zhan: Partially Rusticated Reverse Calabash Bent Apple with Horn
Product Number: 002-654-0004
I find the shape and rustication pattern of this reverse-Calabash apple quite reminiscent of a garden snail; it isn't a huge leap to picture this cutie making its slow way from the shade-to-shade created by overhead foliage. Despite its diminutive length, this "Snapple" (heh) is a joy in the paw, requiring about as much effort as a bent Brandy in order to achieve the perfect grip, combine that with a weight of less than 40 grams, and the fact this is a reverse-Calabash. Ping Zhan has created a breakthrough (and a winner).
-- R. 'Bear' Graves
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 3.73 in./94.74 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 0.97 in./24.64 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.70 in./17.78 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.46 in./37.08 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: China