Butz-Choquin: Carat Walnut Smooth (C)
Product Number: 002-010-0638
At first, I had trouble determining the purpose of the flattened heel on this freehand -- the flattened section still has a subtle curve to it, so it doesn't really seem to be meant as a sitter. Then I looked at it in profile, and from the front, and realized it's a stylistic flourish intended just to make for a more active shape. The bowl is based on an Egg design, but with a paneled flattening that extends from the heel to about mid-bowl, the effect of which is a much more modern aesthetic.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.50 in./139.70 mm.
- Weight: 1.80 oz./51.03 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.78 in./45.21 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.37 in./34.80 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.53 in./38.86 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: France