Claudio Cavicchi: Smooth Oom Paul
Product Number: 002-400-1317
360 degrees of flame grain is, understandably, generally held as an ideal. Here in this Claudio Cavicchi Oom Paul however, I'd say 355 or so degrees is just right, as it happens to allow the fully bent shank to display birdseye right up to the stem, making for a continuous swathe extending from there to the heel. This is just a real beauty of a briar, and, frankly, Claudio is just about the only artisan I'm not
surprised to see such rarefied results from. Why? Because when it comes to his work, such results aren't actually rare at all.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 3.82 in./97.03 mm.
- Weight: 2.20 oz./62.37 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.23 in./56.64 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.93 in./49.02 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.86 in./21.84 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.65 in./41.91 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Oom Paul
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy