Dunhill: Amber Root (4101) (2015)
Product Number: 002-015-3414
Warm, high-contrast stains, a smooth, glossy polish, and, at least initially, cumberland stems characterize one of Dunhill's more recent finishes: the Amber Root. Since its introduction in 1995, the marque has started using black vulcanite stems in place of cumberland — a choice that, at least in my opinion, places more focus on the finish itself, and thereby the natural grain it highlights. Here we see one such treatment dressing this Group 4 "01" straight Apple. Nice find.
- Andrew Wike
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.34 in./135.64 mm.
- Weight: 1.28 oz./36.29 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.74 in./44.20 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.48 in./37.59 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England