Tom Eltang: Rusticated Calabash with Boxwood
Product Number: 002-299-0602
Here we have Tom Eltang's signature take on the Calabash, rendered more trim and compact than we've ever seen it, and dressed in the carver's distinct style of rustication. Possibly serving to throw focus towards the rounded rim and pronounced bowl, Tom's lent it a "cap" of pale boxwood, even further highlighting the form's traditional silhouette. A brilliant piece here that I'm sure plenty of aficionados would love to get their hands on.
- Daniel Bumgardner
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.96 in./125.98 mm.
- Weight: 1.09 oz./30.84 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.85 in./46.99 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.49 in./37.85 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.60 in./40.64 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Calabash
- Finish: Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark