Former: Partially Sandblasted Bent Egg Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 002-017-0263
Swift and... floating? Skimming? Certainly lifting. For the moment I'm at a loss for the exact word to describe this Former's gesture of line and form, shank and bowl, but I do know I like it. It's forward, as the stance of the bowl makes clear, but not hard, or rakish or jutting; it's smooth, but still swift. There is no mistaking that Hans designed this pipe as a very dynamic-looking one, both with the profile that's in play and in the pronounced taper of the shank as viewed from above or below — that much is sure. Likewise it's rather obvious that he picked some especially gorgeous briar to create this shape from.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.74 in./145.80 mm.
- Weight: 2.80 oz./79.38 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.90 in./48.26 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.56 in./39.62 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.90 in./48.26 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Egg
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark