Johs: Partially Rusticated Bent Apple
Product Number: 002-392-3077
Gaden Pibemagerie is in the small village of Ravenhøj in Denmark, and is the shop of Mogens Johansen and his wife Doris, who craft Johs pipes. This partially rusticated Apple/Brandy offers some beautiful contrast grain, and the composition is punctuated by a band of rustication around the shank that evolves into a triangle at the heel. What we have, then, is a syncopation of color and finish, from smooth chestnut-stained briar to obsidian black rustication, to more smooth briar and then the jet-black saddle stem.- Chuck Stanion
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.65 in./118.11 mm.
- Weight: 0.96 oz./27.22 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.53 in./38.86 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.30 in./33.02 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.55 in./39.37 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark