Johs: Partially Rusticated Bent Bulldog Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 002-392-3708
Johs pipes are the work of Mogens "Johs" Johansen, a pipe maker and tobacconist based out of Frederikshavn, Denmark. Starting out in 1992, Johansen worked for Bjarne Nielsen, learning the intricacies of the craft, but after Bjarne's passing in 2008, Johansen established his own workshop and now produces around a 1,000 pipes a year. Over his many decades of experience, Johansen has established a distinctive style that merges elements of the traditional Danish pipe making with his personal vision. This bent Bulldog is a handsome example of Johansen's style, and it's stunningly presented in one of his unique partial rustications.--Davin Hylton
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.83 in./148.08 mm.
- Weight: 2.35 oz./66.68 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.34 in./59.44 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.92 in./48.77 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.95 in./49.53 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Bulldog
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark