L'Anatra: Olivewood Smooth Bent Dublin (Two Egg)
Product Number: 002-023-0856
Looking at L'Anatra's smooth-finished olivewood pieces, I can't help but wonder why other pipemakers seem to use this material only on sandblasts. Granted, sandblasted olivewood is lovely, but when left smooth it can be even more beautiful, as we see in the smoky wisps of trailing grain that dress this deep-chambered, stout-walled bent Dublin. Looking at a piece like this leaves me thinking that we really should add "smoke grain" to the pipe lexicon, as an olivewood-specific ideal parallel to briar's "flame grain".
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.52 in./140.21 mm.
- Weight: 2.90 oz./82.21 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.22 in./56.39 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.76 in./44.70 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.89 in./22.61 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.81 in./45.97 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Olivewood
- Country: Italy