Mark Tinsky: Cabernet Cauldron (5) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 002-035-0241
Mark Tinsky might not make more Cauldrons than anyone else, but if there is someone who shapes more pipes in this style I haven't noticed them. Really this is a shape (along with the related, more rounded Urn) you mostly see in Italian pipes, and even there it's not terribly common. Very plentiful flame grain on this smooth-finished example, and quite a lot of birdseye up top as well.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.89 in./149.61 mm.
- Weight: 1.89 oz./53.52 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.86 in./47.24 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.95 in./24.13 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.93 in./49.02 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States