Mark Tinsky: Black and Tan Bent Apple (4) (One Star) Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 002-035-0998
This bent Apple from Mark Tinsky features a plump, softly contoured bowl that cants at the fore of an upturned shank and a steeply curved saddle stem. The bowl's supple curves fill the hand with substance and evoke a Danish-style softness. The shank-and-stem arrangement's high reaching build ensures a comfortable smoking posture and keeps the entire composition rather gestural in profile. A smooth finish dresses the bowl and transition, highlighting some fine licks of flame grain, while a dark rustication envelopes the shank and provides some textural contrast to the overall form.--Davin Hylton
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.57 in./141.48 mm.
- Weight: 2.00 oz./56.70 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.63 in./41.40 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.32 in./33.53 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.87 in./47.50 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States