Peterson: System Standard Smooth (31) P-Lip Tobacco Pipe
Product Number: 002-029-25593
The straight-stemmed Peterson System is quite different from their better-known bent-stem version. Rather than a moisture chamber extending past the transition as part of the shank, akin to that of a cavalier-type pipe, the moisture chamber is drilled beneath the bowl itself, with the tobacco chamber's draft hole drilled straight downward into it. Further, a metal tube is threaded to the base of the vulcanite stem, to extend into the moisture chamber and provide a better, drier smoke.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.84 in./148.34 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 0.99 in./25.15 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.26 in./32.00 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Ireland