Rinaldo: Egea Collection Bent Egg (SL-3)
Product Number: 002-031-0228
"Egg Mounted on a Wall-Hanging Plaque Oom Paul" couldn't quite fit into the title field, so "Bent Egg" had to do here. This is an unusual shape, but not an unheard of one - it crops up every now and then, predominately within the Italian school from my experience. There's a resemblance to the traditional Cavalier in its profile, and, like that older shape, while an easy jaw-hanger balance can be expected, how the briar behaves in hand is often hit or miss. In this Rinaldo's case, I'm going with "hit"; that distinctive shank/transition may be very well defined, but its lines are also arranged so as to allow for a natural fit in hand.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.47 in./113.54 mm.
- Weight: 2.70 oz./76.54 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.69 in./68.33 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.03 in./51.56 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.87 in./22.10 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.71 in./43.43 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy