Ser Jacopo: Smooth Walnut Hawkbill with Silver (L1)
Product Number: 002-171-1954
Where does the Hawkbill begin, and where does it end? Some would argues it's all in the shank and stem, and thus that this Ser Jacopo was indeed a Hawkbill. Others would say nay, that this is Dublin, and that proper Hawkbill demands a rounded bowl, as was the case when the shape first appeared from Castello. Personally, I'm pretty much agnostic on that subject. I just like a pipe with a good strong aquiline arch, and this Ser Jacopo definitely qualifies.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.84 in./148.34 mm.
- Weight: 2.50 oz./70.87 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.49 in./63.25 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.99 in./50.55 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.80 in./45.72 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Hawkbill
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy