Tsuge: Tokyo Smooth Bent Egg Sitter with Bamboo (551)
Product Number: 002-099-4638
Though attractively soft both aesthetically and in hand, the Tsuge "551" bent Egg is one design that seems to forge farther afield from the Japanese school's Danish influences - which is somewhat ironic, given that the Danish school is itself particularly known for soft, artfully minimalist designs. That is indeed just what this Tsuge is - in its own, more resolutely "Japanese" way, producing a composition laden with organic, naturalstic qualities that tend to be contraindicated from the Danish Modern approach.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.08 in./154.43 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.05 in./52.07 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.61 in./40.89 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.44 in./36.58 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Egg
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan