Winslow: Crown Partially Rusticated Bent Dublin (Viking)
Product Number: 002-036-0664
Featuring a nearly black, but high contrast stain and a wild freehand shape, this piece is a great example of Poul Winslow working within the 1970s Danish Fancy style oeuvre. This isn't terribly surprising given that this is the sort of thing that Winslow made when he learned from Preben Holm. The grain on the smooth portions of the bowl (which are sparse) is excellent, with patches of straight flame grain and birdseye dotted throughout, almost mimicking the the scratchy rustication.
-- Sykes Wilford
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.99 in./152.15 mm.
- Weight: 2.60 oz./73.71 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.88 in./47.75 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.49 in./37.85 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.81 in./20.57 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Partial Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark