Pipe Tools & Supplies - Neerup Shank Brush 5/Bag
The Only Way to Scrub
Save yourself some pipe cleaners and use a shank brush to do the heavy cleaning. When you are finished, pop a cleaner in to dry out the rest.
Pipe Tools & Supplies - PIPNET Pipe Reamer
I ordered a set similar to these while they were on backorder that was made by a company called Castleford and let me tell you what. These reamers are purpose built and can remove cake build up like nobody's business. I was simply amazed at how effective and easy they made the task. Do yourself a huge favor and get a set, you will be glad you did.
Pipe Accessories - 1790 English Tobacco Box German Silver
I picked up one of these tins when I purchased a pipe case to give me some more tobacco choices when traveling. I have to say I really like the quality, look, and function of it. They are American made and small enough to fit in a pocket, yet large enough to carry enough tobacco for a day at work or on the town.
Pipe Tools & Supplies - Cork Ashtray Knocker
What Was Missing
I always forgot to order one of these, but eventually I put it on the list of things to pick up when I made an order and man I really didn't know what I was missing. The only thing I will say is that the two sided sticky tape on the bottom didn't last for more than a week's worth of tapping, but the hot glue gun fixed that issue and it has been secure ever since.
Pipe Tools & Supplies - B. J. Long Regular Tapered Pipe Cleaners (100 pack)
My Go To Cleaners
When I first really got into pipes a friend of mine who gave up on his gave me a pack of the fluffy ones and I learned that they were good for my straights, but didn't quite work for my bent pipes. Well as luck would have it they make a tapered version. Now I try to keep no less than five 100 count packs in stock at all times as there is no substitute for a pipe cleaner. Do yourself a favor and stock up on some now.
Pipe Tools & Supplies - 8deco Brown Leather Double Ended Tamper
This is by far my favorite tamper and while I only have two others, this one is in the lead by a long shot. First the round head gets into the corners of your bowls while the holes in the flat end allow for tamping and puffing. The angled end does not get too much use, but I have found it effective for centering an ash. As for the length and the way it feels in your hand, it can not be beat. This may not be the tamper you want to take for travel, but it sure is the one you want for at home.
Pipe Accessories - Peterson Deluxe Leather 2 Pipe Bag
This is a very nice pipe case that can carry everything you need, except the Claudio Albieri leather pipe cleaner case. Other than that, I can load two pipes, bent or straight, a tamper, a pipe 1790 pipe tin, lighter, and just about anything else. The zipper is always smooth and the whole item is of high quality. I only wish I could get the pipe cleaners in without having to bend them.
Blog's Commented on
Mystery Review: February 2016
- ► Guys,Where have the mystery reviews gone?Roscoe
- ► Adam,Great to hear. I just read the latest e-mail in my inbox and saw that Eric said that a mystery review was in the works and remembered that I had asked the question. No pressure on getting them out with any regularity, but I have always loved them and the brackets you do in March.
Mystery Review: February 2017
- ► Gentlemen, I concur with what KevinM said about not being able to make out much of what was being said and I still do not know what tobacco it was this month. I look forward every month for the mystery review and I think that a video of the review is a fresh idea, but it needs some refinement to make it pop like the written version. Keep up the great work and keep trying new things. Cheers,Roscoe
- ► Adam, I still love the idea and hope that you continue to do more videos of everything pipes. I check the website daily and usually catch anything new on the blog before I get an e-mail on it. Again, please don't let my opinion on the first offering persuade you away from trying new avenues.
You Can Now Date Your Gawith Tobaccos
- ► Adam, great work my friend on cracking the code. There is nothing like knowing all you can about your blends in the cellar.