Misc. Estates: Peter Matzhold Smooth Duck's Foot (G) (2000)
Product Number: 004-008-1519
Though sporting some basic similarities to the Elephant's Foot of the Danish school, Matzhold's Duck's Foot is quite a bit more crisp and direct, though like the Scandinavian artisans, he uses the broad flanks to show off sweeping flame grain, and the even broader forward face to display the birdseye, which here is simply excellent.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.85/5 Some minor cake in the chamber, but rather clean otherwise.
- Length: 6.01 in./152.65 mm.
- Weight: 2.10 oz./59.53 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.38 in./60.45 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.74 in./44.20 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.77 in./19.56 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.75 in./44.45 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Austria